- RSS Channel Showcase 6414769
- RSS Channel Showcase 2408648
- RSS Channel Showcase 3748674
- RSS Channel Showcase 3913538
Articles on this Page
- 02/16/11--08:16: _Hitachi Wins Ethica...
- 02/16/11--08:25: _Green Mountain Coff...
- 02/16/11--08:43: _Sustainable Consump...
- 02/16/11--08:44: _Campbell’s Soup Sig...
- 02/16/11--08:45: _Carbon Trust to End...
- 02/16/11--09:00: _‘Largest Sloping Gr...
- 02/16/11--16:09: _Bringing Lifecycle ...
- 02/16/11--23:00: _Xcel Cuts Solar Pay...
- 02/16/11--23:01: _Ethics Body Sees Ma...
- 02/17/11--07:04: _Few Agencies Ready ...
- 02/17/11--07:39: _BASF Launches Eco-L...
- 02/17/11--07:57: _We Are All Green Co...
- 02/17/11--10:20: _Environmental Enfor...
- 02/17/11--10:26: _Boeing, easyJet Rev...
- 02/17/11--10:30: _Alternative Fuel Ve...
- 02/18/11--00:01: _Environmental Enfor...
- 02/18/11--03:48: _Start Lifecycle Ass...
- 02/18/11--04:43: _AMD to Cut One Fift...
- 02/18/11--08:20: _U.S. Bank Chooses H...
- 02/18/11--08:31: _Sustainability Dire...
- 02/16/11--08:16: Hitachi Wins Ethical Certification
- 02/16/11--08:25: Green Mountain Coffee Funds Farmers’ Environmental Education
- 02/16/11--08:43: Sustainable Consumption Part II: Everyone Wants a Label
- 02/16/11--08:44: Campbell’s Soup Signs 10 MW Solar PPA
- 02/16/11--08:45: Carbon Trust to End Free Energy Audits
- 02/16/11--09:00: ‘Largest Sloping Green Roof’ Collapses
- 02/16/11--16:09: Bringing Lifecycle Thinking into Sustainable Design — Best Practices
- 02/16/11--23:00: Xcel Cuts Solar Payments to Business
- 02/16/11--23:01: Ethics Body Sees Mass Resignations; Hits Back at Accusations
- 02/17/11--07:04: Few Agencies Ready for Energy Reduction Mandates
- 02/17/11--07:39: BASF Launches Eco-Label Comparison Site
- 02/17/11--07:57: We Are All Green Consumers, Now and for the Future
- 02/17/11--10:26: Boeing, easyJet Reveal Fuel-Efficient Products
- 02/18/11--03:48: Start Lifecycle Assessments Now, Expert Urges
- 02/18/11--04:43: AMD to Cut One Fifth of Water by 2014
- 02/18/11--08:20: U.S. Bank Chooses Hara for Energy Management
- 02/18/11--08:31: Sustainability Director Moves: Nestle, Dell
Hitachi Data Systems has earned an Ethics Inside Certification from the think-tank Ethisphere Institute. Hitachi won the mark by going beyond legal requirements to cultivate and maintain an exemplary culture of compliance and ethics, according to the institute. To win the award, companies must implement standards and systems to reasonably prevent compliance failures and ethical […]
Green Mountain Coffee has joined in a partnership with Fair Trade USA and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to promote environmental education among Brazil’s coffee growers. The Sustainable Sourcing Partnership Project aims to increase producers’ understanding of Fair Trade environmental standards and Brazilian environmental law. The collaboration is designed to help new producers […]
Last time we started to introduce the issues around sustainable consumption – from a manufacturing perspective. I know this sounds a bit strange, consumption from a production viewpoint, but the idea was motivated by the need to reduce the demand for unnecessary products (or, at least, to minimize the waste created by their consumption) and […]
Campbell Soup Company has finalized a power purchase agreement (PPA) and land lease arrangement to construct a 60-acre, 9.8 MW photovoltaic system at the company’s largest plant. BNB Renewable Energy Holdings is to build the 24,000-module system at Campbell’s Napoleon, Ohio factory. The project, which was unveiled late last year, is expected to provide about […]
The Carbon Trust, a non-profit funded by the U.K. government, will end free energy audits for businesses after having its funding cut by 40 percent. The trust will receive £50 million from the government in 2011-12, forcing it to end free on-site energy surveys for businesses and cut 35 of its 216 staff, the Guardian […]
A sloping green roof billed as the largest in North America has partially collapsed. A section of the roof at the 256,000 sq ft St. Charles, Ill., headquarters of pond construction company Aquascape crumpled to the ground on Sunday, the Chicago Tribune reported. No one was injured in the collapse, which company officials said was […]
Sustainable business in 2011 looks much different than it did just a few years ago. The majority of companies are now adopting rudimentary corporate responsibility stances, like tracking enterprise carbon or reporting on their social investments. Sponsor – DS SolidWorks Corporation 1_6793E21692B68F1474834F7D1F20B846
Utility Xcel Energy is lowering the payments it makes to businesses that plan to generate solar energy under its Solar*Rewards program. Effective yesterday, Solar*Rewards incentives for small customer-owned systems (0.5to 10 kW) will be paid at $2.01 per watt, down from $2.35 per watt. The medium and third-party owned programs will be adjusted similarly. Applications […]
Critics are accusing business ethics standard-setter AccountAbility of poor governance, shortly after the body’s entire council and standards board resigned. According to the Guardian, critics allege that AccountAbility’s AA1000 ethical standard for business is being turned into a money-making venture, at odds with its origin as an “open source” standard. But AccountAbility director Karl Pfalzgraf […]
Only 13 percent of federal agencies are ready to comply with energy reduction requirements, according to a survey by an IT efficiency software company. In an IE survey, 13 percent of federal agencies responding said they were “definitely ready” to comply with federal energy reduction mandates such as executive orders 13514 and 13423, the Federal Data […]
Chemical company BASF has launched a website to help customers sort out the crowded world of eco-labels and certifications. The SELECT (Sustainability, Eco-Labeling and Environmental Certification Tracking) Eco-Label Manager is a database designed for the strategic management of eco-labels, environmental claims, directories and rating systems. Governments, large retailers, trade associations and third-party organizations now run […]
Green has gone mainstream. Not too long ago, just a small group of deep green consumers existed. Today, the National Marketing Institute says that 83% of consumers representing four generations — Baby Boomers, Millennials, Gen Ys and Gen Zs – are some shade of green. Each in their own way, these generations are quickly transforming […]
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District have settled claims brought against two biomass power plants in California’s Central Valley, the agencies announced yesterday. The companies have agreed to pay a combined civil penalty of $835,000 to resolve allegations they violated federal Clean Air Act and District rules […]
This week two aviation companies have announced products and improvements designed to increase fuel economy and cut emissions. Boeing unveiled its 747-8 Intercontinental passenger jet, which boasts 16 percent less carbon emissions per passenger, a 16 percent better fuel economy and 30 percent smaller noise footprint than the Boeing 747-400. The company said the 747-8 […]
Stories about hybrid and electric cars have become ubiquitous in the U.S. media. Several high-profile vehicles, including the Nissan Leaf and Chevy Volt, have recently been launched. At the same time, more and more corporations are announcing their adoption of alternative fuel vehicles. The benefits vary between vehicle types, but in general companies adopt these […]
Two recycling companies have been ordered to properly dispose of computer waste they attempted to illegally export from Minnesota to Vietnam, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced Tuesday. The EPA alleges that the companies attempted to export hundreds of computer monitors to Vietnam for disposal, through the Port of Seattle. The agency is imposing a […]
Manufacturers must use the most rigorous lifecycle assessment tools they can afford as soon as possible, rather than waiting to carry out more robust exercises, according to a speaker in an Environmental Leader webinar. DS SolidWorks sustainability product manager Asheen Phansey told participants in Wednesday’s webinar, Bringing Lifecycle Thinking into Sustainable Design – Best Practices, […]
Semiconductor company AMD aims to reduce water use 20 percent and Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions five percent by 2014, based on a 2009 baseline year. The targets are part of a set of environmental goals that AMD is introducing this week. All are based on a baseline year of 2009 and extend […]
The country’s fifth-largest commercial bank has selected Hara to provide it with comprehensive energy and resource management software. Hara Environmental and Energy Management (EEM) software will help U.S. Bank identify energy reduction opportunities in its properties while tracking and measuring environmental initiatives, Hara said. Hara EEM will create a central repository that accesses U.S. Bank’s […]
Nestlé’s North American bottled water operation has hired Michael Washburn as director of sustainability. In his new role, Washburn will lead Nestlé Waters’ efforts to increase recycling rates in the United States, innovate in energy use and building design and advocate for constructive water policies. Nestlé Waters sells 15 brands of bottled water, including Perrier, […]